Evan Schoenberg, the developer of MediMath, ICD9 Consult, and Perfect OB Wheel, has published a cholesterol management tool based on the The Third Report of the Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (the ATP3 for short).
The ATP3 is the latest evidence based guidelines developed by the National Cholesterol Education Program, a program of the National Institutes of Health and is the current standard for cholesterol management.
ATP3 Lipids has the following key features -
- Definitions of ATP classifications
- Cholesterol level goals
- Therapeutic recommendations from the NCEP
- Cholesterol management drug information
- Framingham Cardiac Risk Calculator
- Works with US and SI units
Data entry is quick and easy, and ATP3 Lipids is quite affordable at $4.99 at the AppStore.