Saturday, February 9, 2008

Skyscape Applications

Skyscape has announced the availability of many of their titles in an iPhone optimized format.

We have not had a chance to review any Skyscape titles on an iPhone.




Clinical Guides
Skyscape's 5-Minute Clinical Consult
Harrison's Manual of Medicine
The Washington Manual® of Medical Therapeutics
Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine

Drug Guides
British National Formulary
DrDrugs®: Drug Guide for Physicians
A to Z Drug Facts
Intravenous Medications

Laboratory Guide
Labs 360°

Treatment Guidelines
Life Support 360°

Nursing-Specific Titles
Davis' Drug Guide for Nurses
RNotes - Nurse's Clinical Pocket Guide
Nurse's Manual of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests
Nursing I.V. Drug Handbook
Diseases and Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual

Anesthesiology
Sota Omoigui's Anesthesia Drugs Handbook
Handbook of Clinical Anesthesia

Emergency Medicine
Rosen and Barkin's 5-Minute Emergency Medicine Consult

Infectious Diseases
HIV Guide

Ophthalmology
Drugs in Ophthalmology
Handbook of Retinal Screening in Diabetes
The Wills Eye Manual

Pediatrics
The Harriet Lane Handbook
The 5-Minute Pediatric Consult

Psychiatry
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders

Veterinary Medicine
5 Minute Veterinary Consult - Canine and Feline

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems that few of these applications have iphone compatible versions, which are all one year subscriptions which I assume will be the same price or more each year. It doesn't seem worthwhile at this point.

Anonymous said...

With 1 year subscripsion and so much money... No way!!!
it's not worth it!!!

love4world said...

I think skyscape started to withdraw itself from the competition. It is too much price for their applications; who can afford for all that yearly subscriptions. I think all of doctors who are not covered by their institutes as the case in most of developing countries will search for other ways to carry their textbooks in their pockets via PDF and Isilio formats, it is much cheaper if not completely free.

mai mui said...

Definately would not recommend skyscape. It's a terrible deal. I paid a lot of money for books on skyscape, thinking that even if the subscription ran out an I wouldn't have access to the updates, I'd still have access to the books I purchased. Nope. I upgraded phones and because my subscription ran out, I can't transfer the books I bought to the new phone. I don't see how this makes any sense. And now, they want more money to return the access back to me so I can have them on my new phone. Everytime I upgrade phones, I'll have to dump more money. Definately will not be purchasing from them again.